Welcome to the Forum! This is a handy place to ask questions and receive answers from your fellow Cranksgiving Organizers. Your login to this area is automatically generated when you create your first Cranksgiving event.
Click Here to return to the Cranksgiving Home Page
Notifications
Clear all

Thanking Sponsors

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

philly_crankster_CJ 

December 2015 in Sponsors
Hey y'all,

I'm in the middle of doing some Cranks-related wrapping up so I figured I should post here. How does everyone go about thanking sponsors?

In the first couple of years, I used to send an 'official' write-up that would get blasted out to sponsors, blogs, etc..... anyone that had posted about Cranksgiving Philly pre-event. Links with pictures and such, too. Now, I've gotten a bit more casual with it, especially because after 5 years, a lot of the sponsors are ones that return year after year. Something like, 'Hey! Just wanted to drop a quick note that we really appreciated your donation of (bags/lights/certificates/whatever). We had (# of riders) raise (x amount of food), and everyone had a great time. Here's a link to some pictures for you to enjoy. Thanks again, and see you soon.'

One thing I have always done since our first year, is to make a sponsor-run of spokecards. Basically, they're just spokecards but with the sponsor logo in place of the rider number. I print, laminate, hole-punch at the top, and wrap ribbon/twine/yarn through it, so as to make a spokecard ornament for the sponsor's office tree, or the contact's desk, whatever. A post-it with a quick handwritten note, and send it out in the mail. I have to admit, I've never gotten acknowledgment from sponsors for doing them (I think end of year, everyone is busy with the holidays and such), but I keep telling myself that it's super important to keep a good relationship. After all, they're giving us hundreds of dollars in merchandise, and some of them have never even met me.... I also like to think that it's another reason why they keep coming back and are willing to sponsor the next year, and the next, and the next.

Share: