Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online vs. in-person registration

Howdy,
I'm new to the whole Cranksgiving universe so I thought I'd start a discussion regarding registration. How do most of you handle it? Do you use an online form, like Eventbrite, or do you simply rely on day of registration?
Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Day-of. The kinds of riders we target are the young urban cyclists, the courier crowd, etc.

Online registration seems like a bit more suburban-charity-ride kind of thing, which is not exactly our flavor for Cranksgiving Philly, but definitely all-ears on how to attract that crowd as well. I think it's somewhat self-selecting because many of the suburban types are not comfortable riding in city traffic.

Having online to guesstimate numbers of manifests/spokecards to prepare would be nice, but seems to make it unnecessarily complicated for us. We've been doing pretty good the past couple of years just scaling up a bit.
  • In KC, we have coffee and doughnuts available while the riders fill out a simple registration and sign a waiver.