Welcome to the Forum! This is a handy place to ask questions and receive answers from your fellow Cranksgiving Organizers. Your login to this area is automatically generated when you create your first Cranksgiving event.
Click Here to return to the Cranksgiving Home Page
Notifications
Clear all

How does Cranksgiving work in Suburbia?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Ken 
October 2016 in Cranksgiving formats
I've been putting together Cranksgiving in New York for the past decade, but since I've moved to New Jersey, I want to bring it here. Thing is, without dozens of stores in a small-ish area, I have no idea how to do it. How do you guys format the ride in suburbia? I'm out of my element.

biketechcf
(@biketechcf)

We've asked participants to visit 'mandatory' stops that were often sponsors.  Doesn't need to be all but having 2 or 3 helps spread stuff out.

ReplyQuote
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here in Santa Fe, we have an unusually large number of bike shops. Stopping at them is not mandatory, but we do give out a 10 minute time deduction for each shop visit. The 'catch' is that we've encouraged shops to come up with feats of Cranksgiving strength or agility to slow riders down. 

This builds excitement and goodwill with our local bike shops and provides faster riders with an optional extra set of challenges to complete.

ReplyQuote
Share: