Welcome to the Forum! This is a handy place to ask questions and receive answers from your fellow Cranksgiving Organizers. Your login to this area is automatically generated when you create your first Cranksgiving event.
Click Here to return to the Cranksgiving Home Page
Notifications
Clear all

Online vs. in-person registration

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Dfotsch 
October 2016 in Cranksgiving formats
Howdy,
I'm new to the whole Cranksgiving universe so I thought I'd start a discussion regarding registration. How do most of you handle it? Do you use an online form, like Eventbrite, or do you simply rely on day of registration?
Thanks,
Dave

Comments

•  
    philly_crankster_CJ 
    October 2016
    Day-of. The kinds of riders we target are the young urban cyclists, the courier crowd, etc.

Online registration seems like a bit more suburban-charity-ride kind of thing, which is not exactly our flavor for Cranksgiving Philly, but definitely all-ears on how to attract that crowd as well. I think it's somewhat self-selecting because many of the suburban types are not comfortable riding in city traffic.

Having online to guesstimate numbers of manifests/spokecards to prepare would be nice, but seems to make it unnecessarily complicated for us. We've been doing pretty good the past couple of years just scaling up a bit.

•  
    bigdan 
    November 2016
    In KC, we have coffee and doughnuts available while the riders fill out a simple registration and sign a waiver.

(@maryr)

We have always done the day of registration, but have been thinking about doing the online.  Not sure it would make a difference in the attendance. Maybe we will have to try online next year.  The last couple of years our registration was at a coffee house, and one year I had protein bars available for the riders, but no one took them.  Maybe I should try donuts...

ReplyQuote
Share: